USAlliance Group Short-Term Disability Insurance Overview
What is Short-Term Disability Insurance?
Short-term disability insurance is designed to replace a portion of an employee’s income in the event the employee is unable to work due to an illness or accident. The benefit typically pays the employee between 60 to 66.6% of their employee’s salary. Benefits typically become effective 1 to 21 days after an illness or accident occurs and may continue for 13 to 26 weeks. Premiums for a short-term disability policy can be paid by the employer or the employee.
By helping protect an employee’s income, you protect your investment in the employee. Short-term disability insurance contributes to employee security, loyalty, and higher satisfaction at work.
A few examples of conditions that may qualify an individual to receive short-term disability benefits include:
- Recovery from surgery
- Birth of a child
- Mental health issues
Benefits to Employer
- Contribute to employee loyalty, higher morale and productivity.
- Reduce turnover, saving you money in hiring and training costs.
- Provide peace of mind to employees and their families.
- Available to companies with as few as three employees.
- Federal income-tax deductible premiums if paid by the employer.
Advantages to the Employee
- Valuable protection provided at a low group rate.
- Protect financial security until employee may return to work.
- Covers maternity.
- Simple enrollment process.
- Guaranteed acceptance during initial enrollment.
50% of all personal bankruptcies and mortgage foreclosures are attributed to debilitating injuries and illnesses.*
90% of disabling accidents are not work related.*
*Sources: Trusted Choice, LIMRA
Why Choose USAlliance?
Putting service first matters, and we’re committed to being there when you and your employees need us most. We have an elite service team ready to help with your needs when it comes to our products.
Getting Set Up is Simple and Affordable.
Begin the process of getting a proposal today. You’ll be surprised just how affordable and comprehensive USAlliance insurance really is.